Exactly one year ago, I shared some of the great work my students created in the Fall 2009 semester. This past year was another amazing year in that I was fortunate to have had some incredibly creative and hard-working students in my classes. So, with the possibility of creating a New Year’s Eve tradition, here again are two very short lists of notable work from my graduate and undergraduate students from the previous (Fall 2010) semester.
Projects & Portfolios
There was a wide-range of possibilities for portfolios and projects in these classes. In some cases, you will only be seeing a small portion of what was actually assessed. However, these pieces may be valuable to others.
- Once Upon A Messy Room (Stop Motion) by Ashley & Ellaina
- What is a PLN? by Kelsey
- Learning from Modern Technology by Lisa
- Lego Stop Motion by Riley
- Instructional Design for Beginners by Shalini (see also Shalini’s Portfolio)
- Anime Mashup by Alex
- Business Education Toolbox by Amy, Jenn & Katie
- Woodworking Wiki by Mike
- Sammy & Web 2.0 by Tia, Lauren & Adina
- Art Portfolio by Ellaina
Both undergrad and graduate students were asked to produce or perform short final reflections of what they learned in their class. It should also be mentioned that a few of the best examples aren’t shown here, as they were done in ways that were difficult to record digitally.
- Stop Motion Reflection by Ashley
- Dipity Timeline by Amy
- Video on Identity by Lauren
- Video Edited Reflection by Judd
- Six Thinking Hats by Shalini
- Pecha Kucha VoiceThread by Shelley
- Xtranormal Reflection by Danielle
- Mindmap Reflection by Lisa
- Video Edited Reflection by Jenn
- 10 Days of ECMP (A Christmas Song) by Kelsey
- Video Edited Reflection by Mike
- Future of Education by Vanessa
So, that’s a bit of what my students did this past semester. Many of these students had very limited technical ability coming into the class, and I feel very happy to know how much many of them learned through the process.
Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!