I’ve just come across an interesting article from Fernette and Brocke Eide titled “Brain of a Blogger.” The central thesis: blogging is good for the brain. Here are the five major assumptions of the paper:
1) Blogs can promote critical and analytical thinking.
2) Blogging can be a powerful promoter of creative, intuitive, and associational thinking.
3) Blogs promote analogical thinking.
4) Blogging is a powerful medium for increasing access and exposure to quality information.
5) Blogging combines the best of solitary reflection and social interaction.
Interesting findings, and even without a medical degree, many bloggers would agree.