I gave a keynote today at Canada’s MoodleMoot ’09 in Edmonton, Alberta. Below are the slides and a list of some key links. The talk was given to about 300 in-house delegates and about 80 online (via Elluminate). I will share the recording once/if I get access.
Relevant links in order of appearance:
– Wordle: Make “beautiful” word clouds.
– Networked Teacher: Diagram via Flickr.
– Twitter: Dominant microblogging tool.
– EC&I 831: My open graduate course.
– Open Doctrine: Alec’s own attack ad.
– Network Sherpa: Diagram via Flickr.
– Cathedral and the Bazaar: by Eric S. Raymond.
– The Fifty Tools: by Alan Levine.
– Ustream.tv: Free web streaming.
– Omegle: Talk to strangers.
– Twitter Search via Google: Firefox/GreaseMonkey script to get live Twitter results via Google search.
– Amherst College IT Index: Tracks technologies brought in by students.
– “RiP: A Remix Manifesto“: Excellent open source film on remix/mashup culture.
– An Anthropological Introduction to Youtube: Excellent presentation by Dr. Michael Wesch.
– David After the Dentist: My blog post on this viral video.
– The Show: Ze Frank’s one-year long series feat. “if the earth was a sandwich project“.
– Postsecret: Collaborative art project, people sharing their deepest secrets.
– Amateur: Creative video by Lasse Gjertzen.
– Thru-you: An amazing set of tracks that were created by mashing up youtube videos.
– Grad course trailer: Trailer for EC&I 831.
– Thinning the walls: Visualization of networked teaching.
Update: The Elluminate recording is now available here.