I was tagged by Dean, here my 8 random facts (right after I explain the meme itself).
1. Post these rules before you give your facts
2. List 8 random facts about yourself
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4. Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know theyâ€™ve been tagged
So here they are:
1) I used to be a talented percussionist and pianist … then one day I just stopped playing. Big regret.
2) My B.Ed focused on English and Social Studies instruction, however as the young guy on staff at my first school, I was expected to teach “computer class”. I’ve now never left this subject-area/field.
3) My first car was a 1977 Propane-powered Ford Granada, and I drove it like it was an off-road vehicle. Looking back, I’m lucky I never blew myself up.
4) I’ve been in in two vehicle rollovers and one major accident (just last year) involving a fatality and serious injuries. In all three cases, I wasn’t driving and I walked away unharmed. Seatbelts work.
5) I invested months of work on one PhD topic related to preservice teacher professional development and technology integration. However, after watching one presentation re: open source culture I radically shifted gears … no regrets.
6) I’ve been a very successful blackjack card counter since about 2000. Luckily, it’s acceptable where I play. I just love applied mathematics/statistics.
7) My parents ran a successful Greek restaurant called Mario’s in Humboldt, Saskatchewan for several decades. It’s no longer there, but it’s amazing how many people still share their fond memories of the place.
8) I plan to retire young from an academic career and run a small restaurant on a Greek island somewhere. Maybe I’ll see you there.
I agree with Dean, I won’t go commenting on people’s blogs to let them know about this. If they use technorati, they’ll likely find it.
I look forward to reading those that respond.